The Organization of AAMO comprises Assembly, Council and Operational Office. The Officers of AAMO include President, Vice-President and Head of Operational Office.
AAMO Operational Office
There is a permanent AAMO Operational Office and its location is decided by the AAMO Assembly on recommendation of the AAMO Council. Currently the AAMO Secretariat Office address is as below:
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110003,
Tel:+91-011-43128536 / 43128100 (Ext : 536)
Rajive Kaul, Past President, AIMA & Chairman, NICCO Engineering Services Ltd is the President of AAMO
Mr. Rajive Kaul is the Chairman of the Nicco Engineering Services Limited (NESL) and Promoter – Director of Nicco Parks & Resorts Limited.
He is also the Honorary Consul General of The Republic of Korea. He was honoured by South Korean President and Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-ahn, with the distinguished civilian honour, ‘Order of Diplomatic Service Merit Sungnye Medal,’ in recognition of and appreciation for his outstanding and meritorious services.
He is a former President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), the All India Management Association (AIMA), and Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Mr. Kaul graduated from Imperial College, London and is a Fellow of the Institute of Materials and Fellow of The City and Guilds of London Institute. Mr. Kaul was awarded a Gold Medal from Imperial College London “in recognition of the outstanding contribution” he had made to the life and work of Imperial College. He has done the Advanced Management Programme (AMP) from Harvard Business School, U.S.A. and is a Member of the Harvard Business School South Asia Advisory Board.
Mr. Rajive Kaul is the Chairman of Xavier’s University, Bhubaneswar and also the Chairman of the Board of Governors of Xavier’s Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar and also a Governing Council Member of Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur. He has also served on the Boards of Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad and Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kolkata.
Mr. Kaul is deeply committed to philanthropy and is the Chairman of G. K. Khemka Charity Trust and a Trustee of the J. N. Bhan Memorial Trust. About 50,000 patients are provided free medical help and medicines every year.
AAMO President is the most senior office bearer and representative of AAMO. The AAMO President is the nominee of an Ordinary Member and is appointed by the AAMO Assembly upon recommendation of the AAMO Council. AAMO President is appointed for a period of three years and should an AAMO President not complete his/her three-year term, his/her office is assumed for the unexpired period by another nominee of the Ordinary Member who nominated the President in the first instance, subject to the concurrence of the AAMO Council and the approval of the AAMO Assembly. The responsibilities of the AAMO President include:
- Chairperson for meetings of the AAMO Assembly and Council;
- Extension and progression of the work of AAMO;
- Providing leadership to the work of AAMO;
- Providing direction to and overseeing the functions of AAMO Operational Office.
- Promoting and taking a leadership role on behalf of AAMO in all international and other external relationships; and
- Ensuring that a major regional AAMO Conference or similar event is organized by the Ordinary Member responsible for his/her nomination as AAMO President , during the tenure of his/her Presidency.
- The AAMO President is an ex-officio member of all committees, working groups and others of similar persuasion.
The term of office of the AAMO President may be terminated upon his/her resignation, or by decision of the AAMO Assembly. Pending Council Meetings, the President is authorized to take appropriate decisions and subsequently report the same to the Council at the next meeting.
Head - AAMO Operational Office
The Head of AAMO Operational Office provides the administrative and support resources for the effective operation and function of AAMO and acts as directed by the President of AAMO. The AAMO Operational Office is accountable for all purposes to the AAMO President. President receives all support by the Ordinary member holding the Presidency which also nominates the President. The President from time to time issues instructions to the Head of Operational Office to ensure smooth functioning of the organisation.
The responsibilities of the Head of AAMO Operational Office include but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing the AAMO office in an effective manner and providing secretariat and administrative support for all meetings of the AAMO Assembly, AAMO Council and other committees, working groups and others as may exist from time to time;
- Preparing operating budgets, financial and other reports for meetings of the AAMO Council and the AAMO Assembly;
- Invoicing and collecting AAMO subscriptions and other income and disbursing AAMO funds and transferring assets as may be authorized by the President and providing proper accounting therefore;
- Maintaining and preserving all papers, minutes, documents, files, ledgers, microfilm and other records;
- Co-ordinating co-operative activities of members in the region including relevant non-members who may be interested in co-operative activities;
- Promoting exchanges of information, data, experience and expertise relating to management in the region;
- Preparing and issuing regional publications, including regional newsletter, research studies, brochures, pamphlets, lists, bibliographies and other such list arising from the activities of AAMO; and
- Carrying out such other tasks and duties as may be assigned by the AAMO President.
The appointment of the Head of AAMO Operational Office may be terminated by resignation or by decision of the AAMO Council in which event the NMO providing the outgoing Head of AAMO Operational Office will be requested to nominate a substitute replacement for approval by the AAMO President.